Friday, March 27, 2009

Sewing and such

This is what I have been doing the last couple of days (see pic at right). I'm making curtains for Kathleen's kitchen. I like the orange and green combination that she decided on. I am donating the quilt to the Christian Appalachian Project (CAP). A bunch of people who like to sew have decided to send quilts which are being handed out by the CAP. I think the last count was 118 that have been received. For the one you see at the right I just used a bunch of scraps on hand in my sewing room. The pattern is called "stacked coins." It is fun to make because anything goes! And it's fast. I like quilts that are not so fussy that you have to be afraid to use them. People out in blog land got motivated to make quilts for donation after the Diane Sawyer special about poverty in Appalachia. The people with CAP are happy for the help.  

1 comment:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

I saw you and Dave on Kathleen's blog - working like crazy! I'll bet you're a bit sore or perhaps you're in super good shape after all those "Baku Spa Moments". :)

I like the curtain over the fridge idea - it will look very period! But with that fabric it gives it a contemporary fresh look.