Monday, May 11, 2009

Must be Crazy

I spend hours "creating" things with beautiful fabrics. When I am not creating I am on Etsy looking at beautiful fabrics. I think I'm crazy. Yup. Crazy. I am not alone though judging by the blogs out there, and the Etsy shops. Sometimes though . . . I think I am losing it, or trying to recapture the days when I would see a lovely little floral fabric and turn it into something for K. She would look like she just stepped out of a storybook . . . little white collars and pretty jumpers. One friend of mine told me she learned how to dress her daughter by checking out what K wore everyday! I even smocked a bubble suit for P when he was a baby- in peach! Those were the days when I would walk Paul to school, run K to preschool, and our Egyptian housekeeper would take Peter for a lazy stroll about Maadi. (Who knew she was taking him to the Kiosk for orange soda and chips at 9 am? I learned that fact when he was about three years old!) Anyway, K had more lacy ankle socks, Laura Ashley blouses, and smocked dresses than she could ever wear. 

Time to walk the dogs.


5 comments:

kathleen said...

Orange soda? While I was in school? This was hardly fair.

Sherri said...

Yep. Orange soda at 9 am. Guess you didn't get that at Navine Todd preschool.

David said...

It was the orange lips that gave him away, and the fact that the kiosk vendors would call him by name when I took him out for a bike ride. Re the clothes, yes K was quite turned out, and she also loved it. Perhaps you need to adopt a preschool somewhere.

Deb said...

No need to adopt a Preschool when I have 2 preschoolers available as models!

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

That's hilarious!